As I’ve grown older in my years, I’ve started to think about my role as a writer as that of a storyteller.
I like to write across many different genres – from humor to politics to theme parks to other random tidbits from my life – and whether I’m telling a few jokes about a rather unfortunate run-in with a frog or sharing my thoughts concerning where I think our priorities should lie as a nation, it’s really the story driving the words that makes for engaging pieces that people want to read and share with their friends.
So that’s what I want to do even more of here with Scott’s Guide to Life – a place where I want to share stories from my own life that don’t necessarily fit into the other places where I write today.
I want to share stories that will make you think, and laugh, and maybe even feel better about some of the challenges that you’ve been facing in your own life. I’m not saying that my ideas are the best or that I’ve got all of the answers to everyone’s problems … these are just some thoughts based on my own experiences so far in life that I want to share with the world!
If you’re interested in reading any of the other things that I write online, here’s where you can find them:
- The Humor Column – my weekly humor column about the random things in life that amuse me!
- The Disney Humor Column – a second humor column dedicated to my love of Walt Disney World
- Scott’s Thoughts – editorials exploring my thoughts about politics, human rights, and other big topics
- Scott’s Thing-a-Day – a daily blog of sorts
- My Blog – a place where I write about random topics of interest, brainstorm, and share ideas that I’ve found around the web
- Just Laugh – the humor site that I co-founded in 1999 featuring decades of humor from the Internet’s finest writers and cartoonists
I’ve also written a number of books which are available in print and Kindle formats via Amazon.com!
And if you’d like to reach out to me directly, these are your best options: